It’s hard to believe it’s been three years since we first heard the story of baby Alana Rose Prettyman.
Her story began September 14, 2014. Not long after that, she was diagnosed with a rare mitochondrial disease. Doctors were only able to treat Alana’s symptoms until she died in December 2015. During Alana’s short life, she touched so many who followed her journey. And now, after her death, the Alana Rose Foundation is helping other children facing critical diseases. We sit down with Alana’s mother, Alexalynn Shoultes, to learn more.
The 4th Annual Alana’s Gift is taking place from now until Sept. 28. Check out the event page on Facebook here. Will’s Carnival for a Cause is taking place on Oct. 14 at ChickBerry Farms in Laurel, Del. and all proceeds benefit the Alana Rose Foundation. View that Facebook Event page here.
Below are items being collected for the 4th Annual Alana’s Gift and donation locations:
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF NON-PERISHABLE SNACKS!
Donation Locations (16) until 9/28 pick-up:
- Sea Level Designs – Bethany Beach
- Mickey’s Family Crab House – Bethany Beach
- Mid-Coast Gymnastics – Selbyville, De
- Fox Pizza – Millville, De
- Millsboro Animal Hospital – Millsboro
- Baird, Mandalas & Brockstedt – Lewes, De
- The Hair Cottage – Milford, De
- Bayada Pediatrics – Milford, De
- TCC (The Cellular connections, Verizon retailer) VERIZON LOCATIONS:
- Georgetown Verizon
- Millsboro Verizon
- Rehoboth Verizon
- N. Ocean City Verizon
- 26th st Verizon
- West Ocean City, Tanger outlet Verizon
- Berlin Verizon
- Ocean Pines Verizon
Other Donation Options:
- Collect with individual business and employees
- School clubs/organizations can collect
- Church groups
- I can provide my address for item shipping
- Make a monetary donation on alanarosefoundation.org/donations and write “Alana’s gift” in the memo and we will buy items we don’t have for Alana’s Gift.
The Alana Rose Foundation has been named the TCC Preferred Community Partner of 2018:
- We have received $8,000 of grant money to continue our mission helping families remain together during terminal or life-threatening illness.
- All Lower Eastern Shore Verizon locations are Drop-off Locations for 4th Annual Alana’s Gift
- The Rehoboth Store asks for their customers to round-up their dollar for a donation to ARF all year long
- They donated 5 boxed of book bags to the ARF for the Child life school program at A.I