Remodeling your bathroom is not a cheap project, but it is one of your best returns on investment because you will get about 80% of your money back. We are still seeing stainless steel appliances top the list for 2015.
When Hiring a Contractor:
- Create a paper trail and timeline
- Assemble a file of paperwork
- Contracts and receipts
- Document with photos
- Never pay full price up front
- Reasonable down payment at or less than half the full price, only if payments are spelled out
- Get three bids
- Consider communication, creativity, and flexibility
- Read the contract – details should include payment terms spelled out and signed by you and the contractor
How Much to Pay:
- Staying for a few years – complete smaller projects
- Staying for years or decades – complete larger projects
- Ask yourself, can you afford financing and payments for these projects?