- With tax season upon us, Lisa and Sean discuss tax phone scams, and what you can do about them. If you get a call, here’s what you can do:
- If you owe Federal taxes, or think you might owe taxes, hang up and call the IRS at 800-829-1040. IRS workers can help you with your payment questions.
- If you don’t owe taxes, fill out the “IRS Impersonation scam” form on TIGTA’s website, www.treasury.gov/tigta or call TIGTA at 800-366-4484.
- You can also file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at www.FTC.gov. Add “IRS Telephone Scam” to the comments in your complaint.
- In his State of the State Address, Gov. Markell proposed a program to honor the late Matt Haley through a culinary arts program at James T. Vaughn Correctional Facility.
- The Atlantic Hotel in Berlin, MD is getting ready to celebrate its 120th birthday this month. As part of the festivities, The Altantic is hosting a fundraiser to
benefit downtown Berlin, Friday Jan 30th 5:30-8:00 PM. Tickets are $35 and are available at the front desk. You can contact the hotel at 410-641-3589, email@example.com, or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/atlantichotel
- If you’re in Salisbury, you might see Chesapeake Shipbuilding’s latest creation – a five story paddle boat – that is scheduled to leave for Mississippi in the next few weeks.
The overnight mini cruise ship holds 150 passengers and was commissioned by American Cruise Lines out of CT. American Cruise Lines has five ships that were built in Salisbury. Thanks to the Salisbury Independent for the information.
- The Eric Byrd Jazz Trio will perform and showcase a wide array of jazz styles on Feb 10th at 6:00 PM at Wor-Wic Community College. For more information, call 410-334-2891.
- Jeff Gordon says this will be his last season – WBOC’s coverage is here – Jeff Gordon to Retire as Full-time Driver After 2015 Season
- Cute overload! – Cats are cute. Babies are cute…. And “Cat’s Love Babies”…. see the full viral video featured in today’s show below, or head over to YouTube at this link –https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LnTjz3hItk
- Pet Connect – Cat Cafes! – leading this week on Pet Connect is a story about a new trend popping up across the US and the world… grab a cup of coffee and pet some cozy feline friends at these new cat cafes. Meet Tony Wang, who opened The Cat Cafe in San Diego, and learn more about this phenomena. And as always, later… meet this week’s adorable animals up for adoption at local shelters.
- Cervical cancer prevention and one person’s vaccination story
- A paralyzing illness – DelmarvaLife sits down with James Cockey, M.D. from the Wicomico County Health Department to learn more about Acute Flaccid Myelitis.
- All of this and more on today’s episode of DelmarvaLife, Friday January 23, 2015.
Here is the full clip of “Cat’s Love Babies”, featured on today’s Hot Topics segment.