Berry & Beet Salad, Beet-Dill Vinaigrette – Phil Lind
Serves 4 Guests
- ½ lb Salad Greens
- 1 ½ lbs Garden Beets, cooked, trimmed & diced (Marinate the beets in the prepared vinaigrette)
- ½ lb berries, washed & trimmed (Mulberries, Strawberries, Blueberries, etc.)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Seeds
- Small Handful Nuts, toasted (Pistachios, cashews, Hazelnuts, etc.)
- Beet Vinaigrette
Set the greens in your chosen serving dish. Garnish the salad greens with the prepared strawberries, goat cheese, sunflower seeds & nuts as desired. Serve the marinated beets and vinaigrette on the side to be spooned on separately when dinner is served. Enjoy!
- 4 ounces Sherry Vinegar
- 4 ounces Rice Wine Vinegar (a.k.a. Mirin)
- 12 ounces Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill, minced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 ½ lbs of cooked, trimmed & diced beets
Whisk all of the ingredients together, mix the prepared beets in last and allow them to marinate for one hour or longer. This will generate a beautiful beet flavor & colored salad dressing.
“Ohana Acres” Forever – David Kneller
- 3 Berries, washed & stemmed (Strawberries, Mulberries, Blueberries, etc.)
- ½ ounce Mexican Cane Sugar Simple Syrup
- Recipe for Syrup (¼ cup Mexican Cane Sugar, ¼ cup Water. Bring these items to a boil and cool)
Muddle the strawberries with the syrup in a pint glass.
- 1 ½ ounces Don Julio Repesada
- ½ ounce Cointreau
- ½ ounce Fresh Squeeze Orange Juice
- ¼ ounce Fresh Squeeze Lime Juice
Add the remaining spirits & juices. Fill the glass with ice, cover with a shaker,
vigorously shake 100 times. Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- 2 Cilantro Leaves
- Dash of Espelette(dried medium hot Mexican pepper blend)
Slap the cilantro leaves between your hands. This will lightly bruise the fresh herb and release its natural aromatic oils. Tear the leaves in 2 or 3 pieces and garnish the top of the drink with them. Toss a pinch of espelette in the drink to offer a touch of heat. Use as desired. Enjoy!