- 1 lb ground Veal
- 1 lb ground Pork
- 1 lb ground Beef
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced white onions
- ½ cup finely diced celery stalk
- ½ cup finely diced peeled carrot
- 3 ea finely minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups white cooking wine
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 ea canned tomato puree (29oz)
- ½ cup fresh chopped rosemary, parsley & oregano
- ¼ cup grated pecorino cheese
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb fresh rigatoni pasta (see cooking instructions)
In a flat-bottomed 8 qt. pot add ¼ cup of olive oil on high heat.
Add in ½ of the ground meats into the pan and allow them to sear. Cook the meats through and then drain it through a colander. Repeat steps for the last half of the meats.
Once all the meat has been removed from the pot add in the last ¼ cup of olive oil on medium-low heat. After one minute add in the onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Sweat the vegetables for about three minutes or until transparent.
Deglaze the pan with white wine. Cook off the alcohol for about 2 minutes and then add in the milk, tomatoes, herbs and the drained off cooked ground meat. Mix everything well until it is all combined. Quickly bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce down to a simmer. Simmer on low heat for one hour.
During the last 10 minutes of cook time for your Bolognese, heat up a small pot of water with kosher salt to cook the pasta in.
Once the sauce is done, add salt and pepper to taste and then serve immediately over fresh cooked rigatoni. Top off with grated pecorino cheese.