Kelcie Mahr is back in the DelmarvaLife kitchen making another vegan dish.
Every time Kelcie is in the studio making a vegan recipe, we get phone calls and emails, even months after the show, with people asking for the recipes.
Check out Kelcie’s popular carrot dog recipe here.
Kelcie recently made a vegan cheese dip. That’s right, a cheese dip without cheese. You’ve got to try this recipe out for yourself!
- 2 cups peeled potatoes
- 1 cup peeled carrots
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Dash of cayenne powder (optional)
- 1/2 can of mild diced tomatoes & green chilies
- Chop the potatoes and the carrots and boil or steam them for 20 to 30 minutes or until soft.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix in your mild diced tomatoes & green chilies on the stove for 5 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips or use the vegan cheese to make mac and cheese, pizza or any other recipe that calls for cheese.