- -If you need to leave the stove, even for a second, turn it off
- -Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, grilling, boiling or broiling food
- -Keep cooking area clean to prevent grease buildup.
- -Have nothing flammable near the stove. Keep curtains, potholders, dishtowels, food packaging, and Mom’s recipe cards away from the stove
- -Keep cook tidy, too. Roll up your sleeves, tuck in your shirt, and pin back long hair
About Annie Hearn
Annie has been with WBOC since March 2008. Prior to her time at the television station, Annie spent 4 ½ years at 1450 WILM Newsradio in New Castle, DE as a general assignment reporter, legislative correspondent, and morning co-anchor. She was also an Adjunct instructor at Wilmington University. Annie has a Bachelor's degree from University of Delaware. She majored in English with a concentration in Journalism. Annie won a national Edward R. Murrow award in 2006. Check out all stories by Annie.
You also might be interested in
Tomato sandwiches, tomato sauce, tomatoes with salt and pepper… There’s[...]
Fifer Orchards‘ “Delmarva Box” Community Supported Agriculture program delivers boxes[...]
WBOC returns to its radio roots. WBOC 102.5 launched[...]