Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal:
Serves: 12, 1 Muffin Each
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup grated carrots (approx. 1 1/4 medium)
1/4 cup crushed pineapple, in 100% pineapple juice, drained
2 cups dry old-fashioned rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
3 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare twelve muffin cups by lining with muffin papers. Set aside
- Combine coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, carrots, and pineapple in bowl; mix well. Set aside
- Combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in large bowl; mix well.
- Fold coconut milk mixture into oat mixture; mix well.
- Evenly divide batter between prepared muffin cups, mixing frequently to ensure there are both oats and liquid in each cup.
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotating pan after 15 minutes.
- While oatmeal cups are baking, make icing. Combine sour cream and powdered sugar in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Let oatmeal cups cool in pan until you can handle them. Remove to cooling rack.
- Drizzle each oatmeal cup with approx. 1 tsp icing before serving.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): Calories: 105, Total Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 73mg, Carbohydrates: 18g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 8g, Protein: 3g