Cheryl McLeskey made her way to the docks on the boat Backlash with the 94 pound Billfish on board. This fish could win McLeskey a whopping $1.3 million. The winning white marlin last year was a mere 78 pounds.
There was a huge increase of boats fishing on Wednesday compared to Tuesday’s numbers, with 238 boats in the water throughout the day.
More than $3 million will be awarded in prizes to winners in all categories this year. The scales close at 9:15 p.m. on Friday night.
WHITE MARLIN OPEN LEADERBOARD: DAY 3
- Backlash, Cheryl McLeskey, Weight 94.0, Est. Prize $1,114,000.00
- Goin Deep, Larry Hesse, Weight 551.0, Est. Prize $595,000.00
- Rumor Has it, Logan Posey, Weight 177.0, Est. Prize $425,000.00
- Bill Collector/Green Turtle, Andrew Howard, Weight 157.5, Est. Prize $64,000.00
- Pez Machine, Mike Beckett, Weight 155.0, Est. Prize $53,000.00
- Tra Sea Ann, Chris Manetta, Weight 42.0, Est. Prize $16,500.00
- Turn Me Loose, Jesse Morris, Weight 36.5, Est. Prize $12,500.00
- Brenda Lou, Joe Hollister, Weight 36.0, Est. Prize $3,000.00
- Warden Pass, Jay Mascro, Weight 45.0, Est. Prize $12,500.00
- Sweet Water, Jason Connellee, Weight 43.5, Est. Prizw $1,500.00