- 4 out of 5 rapes: know the rapist
- 82% cases: non stranger
- 50% of attacks: at or near home
- 13%: Friend or relative’s home
It is scary stuff, especially when you turn to people you trust to look after your children. You must always be alert. Some parents look elsewhere to find a sitter, like online. The FBI has busted up a sexual predators plan to use Craigslist to get his access to children.
There are many people you can trust with your kids, but before you leave them alone with your little ones, you want to make sure they have the skills as caregivers. As there is a program here on Delmarva can help, its called Safe Sitter at PRMC.
Ages to babysit:
- DE: No law as to age: Family services recommends 13
- MD: Age 13
- VA: Based on child’s maturity