What’s Happening Today – April 1, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
No joke here. Today is Throwback Thursday. We turn to Cambridge resident Jim Duffy, author of Secrets of the Eastern Shore, as he highlights a few memorable moments from years past on Delmarva. Today’s topic – the president who paid an April Fool’s visit to Tangier Island.
Call her “Zoey the Trailblazer,” and she’s one of ours, Delmarva! Zoey DiPasqua, of Salisbury, is only 17 years old, but she’s already gained accolades that can land her inside the history books. We can’t wait to introduce you to her!
We’re showing some love to a few cuties in today’s Pet Connect. We’ll introduce you to shelter animals on Delmarva, in hopes of getting them into the arms of a loving human.
It’s the first day of April. Easter weekend is just about here. There’s a lot to celebrate, and the town of Berlin is celebrating in a BIG way. Deputy Director of the Berlin Chamber of Commerce, Steve Frene, shares all the details on the Spring Celebration of Hope. You’re invited!
We check in with two musicians who recently produced a song that had been written 40 years ago! Songwriter Joe Kelleher (a ’79 graduate of James M. Bennett High School) and Henley Varner (drums & keyboard) tell us why, after all these years, they decided to move forward with the next step in releasing the song, “Ad-Lib.”
Is there any better feeling than hopping onto a hog and going for a ride? Especially right now! Are you itching to do that? Or maybe you don’t know what it’s like? The team at Rommel Harley-Davidson can take care of that! We’ll show you.
What You’ll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor fitted with its cutting blade, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips; blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.