Today on DelmarvaLife –
A somber anniversary is one week from today. The murder of Delmar Police Corporal Keith Heacook will be marked with the 2022 Heacook Fest. We hear how this special event is coming together.
You’ve probably heard about efforts to make the Eastern Shore of Maryland part of the first state. You may not know just how close it came to happening in 1833. That’s the subject of Throwback Thursday with Jim Duffy of “Secrets of the Eastern Shore.”
It’s a car wash with personality. We visit Zoom Car Wash in Salisbury to see how it’s more than a place to take your car to get it cleaned, it’s a fun experience.
We show off some stellar sushi skills in the DelmarvaLife Kitchen. Jack Chen of OC Chopsticks and Asian Bistro show us how it’s done.
Cravin’ some extra comfort after a long day? Our recipe for Weeknight Salisbury Steak will hit the spot! It’s a comfort-food favorite that’s melt-in-your-mouth tender and seasoned to perfection. Just try to resist licking your plate clean!
What You’ll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (12-ounce) jars beef gravy
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chuck, onion, bread crumbs, egg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Form into 6 oval patties and place in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine mushrooms and gravy, then pour over patties.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes, or until no pink remains.
Did You Know?
- Did You Know? Salisbury steak was one of the first main dishes to become a TV dinner favorite in the early 1950’s. It’s still as popular today, and tastes even better when it’s homemade!
- To us, mashed potatoes are a must with Salisbury Steak! We’re sure you’re gang will love our Best Mashed Potatoes Ever!
- And to add a little green to your plate, how about pairing with our Green Beans with Garlic Herb Butter?