Today on DelmarvaLife –
Raising a healthy child means providing the basic to meet their physical needs, but it also means nurturing their emotional wellbeing. We talk with the experts at For All Seasons Behavior Health and Rape Crisis Center in Easton about the basics for good mental health.
Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis talks about the importance and role that the K-9 unit plays in keeping us safe. He also has details of the Law Enforcement Friends and family night at Mission BBQ in Salisbury.
Haley Alexander was crowned Miss Delaware’s Outstanding Teen at the Milton Theatre over the April 18th. We meet her and learn about her platform.
It’s wedding season and, after the events of the past year, weddings and receptions are looking a little different in 2021. Lisa visits one of the newest wedding venues, Coastal 59 in Ocean City, to see how brides and grooms plan to shift their focus to meet the times. She also gets a sneak peek of the latest in bridal fashions from Sandals Bridal and Formal Wear.
Milton photographer, Kevin Lynam talks with us about a sweet photo he took of a mama fox and her kit.
Our lighthearted tribute to the “best of the best” of backwoods country cooking really shines in our Hillbilly Ribs recipe. This is down-home cookin’ that’ll guarantee a full house at the table.
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; cook ribs 8 to 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium and drain off excess liquid. Pour sauce mixture over ribs, partially cover, and cook 1-1/2 hours or until ribs are cooked through and tender, turning occasionally.