Today on DelmarvaLife –
OC Air Show is in town and there’s a lot on the lineup: Air Force Thunderbirds, F-22 Raptor Demo Team and the A-10 Thunderbolt II Demo Team are all scheduled to perform. Also scheduled, Maryland native, Travis Pastrana. While he’s not set to take up to the skies, he is set for a performance that will make it seem like he’s flying. Lisa recently spoke with him to explain.
Another performance on the Air Show schedule? The Geico Skytypers. Corey spoke with the pilot, flying the Geico Skytyper that’s going to take on Travis Pastrana’s Miss Geico, to hear about how he feels about the big race. In fact, Corey’s going high in the sky, with the pilot, to show you what that view’s going to look like.
Ocean City is definitely the place to be this weekend. But, the Air Show is only one of the many draws this beach town has to offer. Ocean City Recreation and Parks work tirelessly every year to put on all type of camps for kids to enjoy. COVID-19 couldn’t stop these summer camps from happening. Plenty of fun in the sun still going on. Katie checks it out. Looking to join a summer camp? Click here.
We’re all trying to adapt to the new world. Face masks, hand sanitizers, temperatures checks have all become our new normal. All necessary to work our way through this pandemic. As you can imagine, health care workers have gone above and beyond to make sure the healing process doesn’t get sidelined by COVID. Healthcare workers like those with Peninsula Home Care. Today, we talk with Audrey Clark, to learn about Peninsula Home Care’s response to the pandemic and what the future of home care may look like.
Earlier this week, we spoke with the Humane Society of Wicomico County as they updated us on Stallone’s condition. Stallone is the neglected pup, who was left in a shed with no food and no water. Well, the good news is that Stallone is on the mend and loving every second of his new life! Maybe, you’re thinking that after seeing Stallone’s life changed, you want to change a life too! You’re in luck, we’re introducing you to a few cuties who are patiently waiting for their fur-ever homes in today’s Pet Connect.
From bowtie’s and biscuits to paddle boarding 25 miles for a cause to inspiring teens, there were plenty of good things going on this week. We have another round of “All That is Good.”
If you love root beer then boy, do we have the recipe for you. Root Beer Chicken is a unique way to spice up plain old chicken. A rich caramel accent added to the chicken, this recipe will have you eating it all summer long. Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken pieces in baking dish; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until no pink remains in chicken and juices run clear.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Coat chicken with sauce and grill 5 minutes per side, basting frequently with sauce. Bring remaining sauce to a boil, then serve with chicken.