What’s Happening Today — August 17, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We all know it…a little help goes a long way. That’s safe to say for every situation life throws your way, right? Score Mid and Lower Shore wants to be and is that support for our area’s small businesses.
Remember last week when the weather was unbearably hot and it felt like we were just spending everyday waiting for the heat wave to end? It’s a similar, more long term situation with the way the current housing market is..buyers, sellers, and the realtors, agents, and brokers in the middle continue to sort through the chaos, and that takes patience.
Pam Price of Remax Coast and Country says she’s seeing happenings throughout the process she never thought she would.
She sat down with DelmarvaLife’s Katie Zarrilli to give us an honest look into what the market is like.
The housing market remains hectic. Buyers are getting repeatedly beat out for homes they hope for, and sellers making money off their homes are stuck without someplace to go. That might make you wonder- what’s going on in the world of finance? Good news- it’s still strong. So, while it may be a tough task to get a home, it’s a great time to get a loan. DelmarvaLife’s Katie Zarrilli sat down with Dan Premo of “The Premo Team at Meridian Bank” to learn more.
We’ll make bottle gourd soup and bitter gourd chip with UMES in the DelmarvaLife Kitchen!
- two-pounds bottle gourd (diced)
- one Tablespoon oil/butter (your Choice)
- one Teaspoon cumin seeds
- one to one and half Teaspoon turmeric powder
- half a teaspoon cayenne pepper. (adj to taste)
- half a teaspoon paprika pepper
- one teaspoon salt (Himalayan or your preference) (adj to taste)
- fresh cilantro and lemon juice (to your preference and taste)
- Half onion diced
- one tomato medium size diced (use your choice)
- fresh ginger half inch diced.
- fresh green hot peppers cubes (to taste)
- beans of your choice one can (kidney, garbanzo , black beans.
- half cup of water.
In the Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
Ready for a fast and authentic guacamole recipe? We’ve got it right here for you! Our Fast Guacamole takes less than five minutes to make, and it’s super easy! Mash up some avocadoes, add in some seasonings, mix it up, and you’re good to go! Whether you’re enjoying it as a snack, or need a last minute dip idea for your get-together, our Fast Guacamole will quickly become a go-to favorite!
What You’ll Need
- 2 ripe avocados, cut in half, pitted, and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Place avocados in large bowl and mash with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until well combined. The more you smash this, the smoother the guacamole.
- Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- To help prevent this from turning black, make sure you cover it with plastic wrap and press the plastic wrap down so it sticks to the guacamole. This reduces exposure to air which helps keep it nice and green.
- Guacamole is a great dip for a wide variety of things! You can dip your favorite veggies or chips, or even slather it on some toast, which is pretty trendy right now!
- For more authentic guacamole recipes, try our Chunky Guacamole and this 5-star fan-favorite Quick Guacamole! Plus, if you want to change up your breakfast menu, try our Wake Up Air Fryer Avocado Boats!