Today on DelmarvaLife –
The Inlet Eye is the latest and greatest amusement at a park in Ocean City that has gained world-wide recognition. A park where countless families have been making memories for over a century. We’re talking about Trimper’s Rides – the first stop on our “Fun in the Sun Tour” of Ocean City. A place where you can fill the need for summer nostalgia, all while staying on top of twisting and tasty trends.
When you see this place, you probably don’t think “Ocean City”, and that’s the point. The set up is designed to take you back..way, way back..to the days of prohibition. How does prohibition equal our next stop on the “Fun in the Sun Tour?” Well, Seacrets Distilling Company is using that part of history as a backdrop for a tour unlike any other you’ve ever experienced before.
Next up, is something that takes fun to a whole new level – if that’s something you want, then you’ve definitely got to book your ticket for this tiki trip. However, that’s just one perk you can take advantage of at Fish Tales. The mood is mellow. The view is vast. The food is fabulous. So good, that you may never want to leave.
We’ve experienced the freshest of the fresh when it comes to food in Ocean City – yellow fin tuna that was pulled from the ocean and in the kitchen at The Shark on the Harbour within hours or the Crab Stack with Spiced Gazpacho at The Hobbit or Crab Cakes and Prime Rib at Fager’s Island – all of these dishes have certainly left us drooling. We’ve never take for granted the ability to taste these amazing creations – but now you can too! We’re taking you on an “OC Foodie Tour.” To sign up for a tour, click here.
Up, up and away! Think you can figure out where we’re headed to next? We’re getting the views from 400 feet above the ocean. When you go parasailing, you’ll not only be in awe of what you see, but also, how you feel. We’re getting a first hand experience as Katie checks out the view from above.
It’s sure been a blast exploring all the entertainment Ocean City has to offer, but we’re not done yet! Buckle up because we got one more stop before this tour ends. We’re visiting Jolly Roger Amusement Park, where you don’t have to be a kid to feel like one.
We’ve talked all about Ocean City – the fun, the sun, and oh, the food. The fresh food. From the ocean right to your dinner table. Well, we’re sticking with the fresh theme with our recipe for Tomato Skillet Fish Fillets. Combine the flavors of crisp, juicy tomatoes along with fresh catfish and you’ve got the makings for a perfect recipe. Recommended serving with a tall glass of lemonade and a salad. Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 (6-ounce) US Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil
What to Do
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil until hot. Sauté garlic and red pepper flakes for 1 minute, or until garlic is golden. Add tomatoes and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until they start to blister and soften, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice and wine, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil until hot. Sprinkle catfish with salt and black pepper and sauté 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork, turning halfway through cooking. Serve fish topped with blistered tomato mixture and basil.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Make sure you use a nonstick skillet for the fish fillets, so they brown nicely and are easy to flip without sticking.