Today on DelmarvaLife –
You’ve heard about the Delta Variant of Covid-19, but what does it mean for you and your loved ones? TidalHealth is here to give us the details.
You can help homeless animals find homes! Just come out to the Run For The Paws!
Authors of “The Five Core Conversations For Couples”, Julie and David Bullit join us!
The Hope Floats Boat Parade is this Saturday! We’ll tell you how you can take part in the festivities, or just come out and have fun for a good cause!
How about an authentic Jamaican Independence Day meal? The great folks from the Washington Inn and Tavern are here with all of the details…and they might even make a dish for us!
In The Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
When you’ve got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie up after dinner!
What You’ll Need
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce box)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 6 fresh peaches, pits removed and sliced thin
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, fluting the edges. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt; add cream and mix well. Place peaches in pie shell and pour cream mixture over them.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until firm in center. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.