Today on DelmarvaLife –
American entered a new phase in its fight against the Coronavirus earlier this week and so did Delmarva. We talk with a nurse manager of the COVID floor at TidalHealth Nanticoke who got her shot on Thursday.
He’s a young, ultra-marathon runner who was sideline to fight a serious battle against COVID. It’s a battle he’s still fighting two months later. We’ll hear an important message about the virus he’s sharing with anyone who will listen.
Cambridge in Dorchester County is ready for a visit by you and your family. From a giant Christmas tree made of crab bushel baskets to one of the largest train gardens in the region, you’re sure to catch the Christmas spirit with a trip here.
In today’s pet connect, we have some good-looking dogs and cats who are craving a home for the holidays.
Jeff Irwin performs from the new Mid South Audio studio in Milton.
We take a look back at all the good happening all around Delmarva with our weekly, “All That is Good” segment.
Herb Stuffed Pork Loin
If you’re looking for a change from the traditional holiday main dish, this Herb Stuffed Pork Loin is definitely a winner. Rubbed with fresh herbs and stuffed with your favorite stuffing, this pork loin recipe is so flavorful, your family will think you’ve given them another Christmas gift!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) boneless pork loin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package stovetop stuffing, prepared according to package directions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray. Place pork loin in roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-1/2-inch slit down the center of pork, being careful not to cut all the way through. (See photo.)
- In a small bowl, combine oil, sage, thyme, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Rub herb mixture over entire pork.
- Place stuffing down center of pork, packing lightly.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until pork reaches internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Let sit 5 minutes, then slice and serve immediately.
A special holiday meal like this should be followed by a special holiday dessert! We have so many great ones on our website, but how about trying our Jingle Bell Torte this time!
Consider it our Christmas gift to you! The 2020 DelmarvaLife Holiday Guide is back, full of savings and surprises! With our holiday coupons to local businesses, you can save money on gifts for the entire family. Just print them out at home or pull them up on your phone when you’re shopping. Plus, you could win one of more than forty daily prizes to many of your favorite local businesses! Enter daily for additional chances to win and sign up today to get the latest deals and coupons. The savings start this season at DelmarvaLife.com/Holiday.
Our annual effort to “Bless Our Children” to ensure every child on Delmarva has a magical Christmas, is underway. This year, the need is so much greater than in the best. We’ve raised more than 156,000 dollars and that will help a lot of families. But, we have a long way to go to ensure every child on Delmarva has a gift to open Christmas morning. If you’d like to donate, send us a card with a check to 1729 North Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury, MD, 21801 or donate online at blessourchildren.org. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for giving such a difficult year.