Today on DelmarvaLife –
They frame your face and make your eyes pop. We stop by Brow and Beauty Bar, in Rehoboth Beach, to see how yours can look exquisite.
You don’t have to break the bank to buy someone special some bling this holiday season. We stop by Kuhn’s Jewelers, in Salisbury, to see pleasing pieces for every price point.
Katie talks with Captain Matt Trantham of Salvation Army of the Lower Eastern Shore about this year’s Angel Tree program.
Training your dog properly makes the difference between a fulfilling or a failing relationship with your little furball. 102.5 WBOC’s Leah Rizzo visit Shore Dogs Training, in Ocean City, Talk about the verse degrees of obedience training from puppies to adult dogs.
We’re punching your ticket to explore the world with travel advice from Accent on Travel.
Katie surprises the winner of $5,000 toward a bathroom makeover from Coastal Bath Company.
Here’s a light and fluffy quick bread that’s perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you’re craving a “razzle-dazzling” treat.
What You’ll Need
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) raspberries
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 2-1/4 cups flour, the brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt; mix well and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, butter, egg, oil, and vanilla until combined. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine raspberries and remaining 2 tablespoons flour; toss gently until berries are evenly coated. Fold berries lightly into batter. Spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 30 minutes then remove from pan to finish cooling.
- Here’s the recipe for a delicious creamy white chocolate cream cheese spread that goes great with this bread. In a microwavable bowl, melt 1/4 cup white chocolate chips for 60 seconds or until smooth. Stir in 4 ounces cream cheese and 1 teaspoon vanilla, mix until well combined.
- If you’re looking for more gift-giving ideas, then you’ll want to check out our collection of Homemade Holiday Gifts from Your Kitchen.