Today on DelmarvaLife –
We’re talking teams and touchdowns in today’s Throwback Thursday. “Secrets of the Eastern Shore” Author, Jim Duffy highlights a few local players who suited up for the big game more than 50 years ago.
Delmarvalicious Dishes blogger, Lynne Kenton shows us how to make Buffalo Cauliflower Poppers.
Medium head of cauliflower – chopped
Rice Chex Mix- you could substitute Corn Flakes or Corn Chex here.
Flour- swap in gluten free flour if needed!
Old Bay seasoning
Olive Oil spray
Wing Sauce- do not use hot sauce.
Honey- you could substitute agave nectar.
Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 eggs. In a shallow bowl, combine crushed Rice Chex cereal, flour, Old Bay seasoning and dried parsley.
Dip cauliflower pieces into egg. Shake off excess egg. Dredge through dry ingredients to coat. Place on baking sheet. Continue until all cauliflower pieces are covered with coating.
Bake cauliflower for 20 minutes flipping halfway through.
While the cauliflower bakes, make the sauce. In a medium pot at medium heat, add butter, honey and wing sauce. Bring to a simmer and stir ingredients together. Once simmering, turn heat down and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat.
Remove cauliflower from oven and dip into sauce. Place cauliflower back on the baking sheet. Repeat for all cauliflower bites.
Turn oven broiler on low. Place baking sheet back on the lower third oven rack. Broil for 5 minutes until the sauce is baked into the cauliflower. Keep a watchful eye on the cauliflower to avoid burning. Easy peasy, right?!
Lightened Up Ranch Dip Ingredients
Plain Greek Yogurt
Dried Ranch Seasoning
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
We’re talking acupuncture with DelMarVa Acupuncture and Wellness Center and hear a very personal story about how it works.
WBOC News anchors, Todd and Jacqueline Karli join us to play the Cupid Quiz.
Wicomico County Tourism has jumped on the Wordle craze. You can play Wicomico Wordle by clicking here.
Looking for a good buffalo chicken recipe for game day? What about a mac and cheese recipe? Well, you’re in luck! For the big game, we came up with an appetizer that features both of your favorites in one gotta-have-it recipe! Our Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese is a fried ball of appetizer heaven! Serve it up with some blue cheese and celery sticks, and your big game party will win first place!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen macaroni and cheese, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
What to Do
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper. In a medium bowl, combine macaroni and cheese, chicken, and wing sauce; mix well. Place in refrigerator 15 minutes to chill. Using a small ice cream scoop, melon baller, or teaspoon, shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Freeze 2 hours or until frozen solid.
- In a shallow dish, beat egg and water. In another shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, and pepper.
- In a deep saucepan over medium heat, heat oil until hot, but not smoking. Dip frozen balls into egg wash then roll in bread crumb mixture. In small batches, fry balls 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and center is hot. (Keep remaining balls frozen until ready to fry.) Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and serve immediately with dressing.
Test Kitchen Tip
- For more gotta-have-it buffalo chicken recipes, check out our forever classic, Buffalo Chicken Tenders, a Buffalo Chicken Tot Casserole that will disappear soon after you put it out, and a sure hit for game day, is our Bubblin’ Buffalo Chicken Sandwich!
- Mac and cheese recipes are great for game day, but they’re also a classic comfort favorite! Speaking of favorites, you gotta try our Double Bacon Mac ‘n’ Cheese (mmmm bacon) or for a seafood twist, serve up our Shrimp Mac ‘n Cheese!
- Need other recipes to round out your menu? Check out our Game Day Favorite Dips, these delectable Game Day Desserts, and our Winning Game Day Menus!