What’s Happening Today – February 2, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
February is heart month, so we turn our attention to the number one killer of Americans, heart disease. We talk with Dr. Christian Bounds of TidalHealth, to find out why knowing your numbers is the first line of defense.
Middle-school students in Talbot County recently received a donation of backpacks filled with school supplies. We talk with Easton Middle School’s principal about why this donation is so important.
“No Ice is Safe Ice.” As temperatures continue to drop and conditions of our local bays change, we talk with the Ocean City Fire Department about why they’re reminding residents and visitors about the dangers of ice.
Salisbury Mayor Jake Day is featured in a US Department of Defense article. Click here to read the article.
We help you step up your hosting game with some pointers on how to make your own charcuterie board at Simmons Center Market in Cambridge.
You can whip up this spring-inspired, comforting dinner dish in no time thanks to a few shortcut ingredients. Our Ravioli Pesto Pie comes together in less than 30 minutes, and is sure to become a new family dinner favorite!
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) pesto sauce
- 1 (2-ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 ounces pepperoni slices (about 25 slices)
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine pesto, pimientos, Parmesan cheese, and pepperoni slices. Add ravioli and toss until evenly coated. Place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate and top with the mozzarella cheese. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the ravioli is heated through.
- Go ahead and use your favorite ravioli. They can be filled with meat, mushrooms, or even pesto.
- Start with our cool and crispy Caesar Salad for a complete and completely delicious meal!
- If you loved this easy ravioli recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Unforgettable Recipes with Ravioli: 9 of Our Best Ravioli Recipes.