What’s Happening Today – February 20, 2019
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Since Chopper 16 became a part of the WBOC news team, we have been given a look at Delmarva from a whole new perspective on a daily basis. That “Eye in the Sky” has uncovered some things that might not have been discovered otherwise.
It has also led to some mysteries that we have taken upon ourselves to solve. One of those mysteries surrounded the sighting of an abandoned airplane on a Dorchester county island back in November. WBOC’s Brook Reese and Taylor Rogers join us to talk about what happened once they started digging into this mystery. The story is “Missing plane update,” and you can watch it tomorrow night, on WBOC News at six
DelmarvaLife’s Sydney Whitfield show’s us some Winter beauty tips to get you ready for whatever the season brings you. For more beauty tips, head to About Faces Day Spa and Salon’s website.
Winter Beauty Hacks Shown:
-Use two Eye drops to restore old or dried out mascara.
-Use Alchobol droplets to fix broken makeup pallets. In 24 hours, the makeup will be good as new.
-Poke a hole in your lip balm bottle and add it to your key chain for lip moisturization on-the-go.
-Clip your pants down into your boots with a clothespin to keep from getting the bottoms wet in the rain or snow.
-Head to the first aid aisle at your local grocery store to find Glycerin. Use it as a moisturizer for your hands and body.
Winter weather can easily bring down trees leaving all of us in the dark. We’ll check in with our friends at Delaware Electric Cooperative to see how they prepare for weather events like today’s, so the lights stay on and the heat keeps pumping.
Are talking about Chefs for Habitat 2019. Honorary chairs Chris and Chrissy Perdue, along with Christina Williams, the development coordinator with Habitat for Humanity of Wicomico county join us to talk about the event. It’s all happening on February 23rd, and WBOC is a proud sponsor. If you would like more information on it, go to their website.
· 10 wonton wrappers
· To test salt and pepper
· 7 oz. fresh lobster meat, chopped into small pieces
· 1/2 mango, diced
· 2 green onions chopped finely
· 1/2 lime, juiced
· 1/4 bunch cilantro chopped finely
· 1 each red bell pepper
· 1 each green bell pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add all the ingredients for the lobster salad into a bowl and mix to combine.
3. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you make the wontons.
4. Lay out the wonton wrappers on a baking sheet and brush lightly with the olive oil.
5. Add the cumin and salt to a small bowl and mix together.
6. Season the wonton wrappers with the salt mixture and place in the oven to bake for 8 minutes. Watch them carefully as they cook so that they don’t burn.
7. Remove from the oven and cool.
8. Once the wontons are cooled, add a large spoonful the lobster salad center of the wonton.
9. Serve immediately.