What’s Happening Today – February 23, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
A Seaford woman inspired by the great Maya Angelou is now inspiring others. We meet spoken word artist, Alexus Shaw.
We continue to honor and to recognize African American History on Delmarva. Wednesday night, we’re airing a special broadcast on WBOC and oon our sister stations, WRDE and Fox21. One Delmarva: Seeking Unity explores elements of race, racism, and how we can unify as a country. We get a preview from WBOC’s Kimberly Holmes and WRDE’s Paul Williams.
The Barbara K. Brooks Transition House in Georgetown serves as a core location where local women vow to change their lives while in the grip of addiction. Find out how you can assist with that mission during “Do More 24 Delaware.”
We explore the strong connection between diabetes and heart disease. TidalHealth Peninsula Regional Nutrition and Diabetes Education Coordinator, Susan Cottongim joins us to share potentially life-saving information that can help those impacted by both.
You probably hear birds sing all the time, but do you know why they sing? The answer to that question and many more will be presented at a free lecture next month called, “Learning Bird Song.”
This fish dinner is full of lip-smackin’ goodness! From the crunchy, saltine cracker-coating to the amazing lemon-butter sauce, and the flaky, mild fish, every bite is sure to deliver lots of “yum!” Give our recipe for Lemon-Butter Fish Fillets a try – it’ll only take you 15 minutes to make!
What You’ll Need
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 sleeve Saltine crackers, crushed (about 40)
- 4 (6-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk buttermilk and egg. In a third shallow dish, place cracker crumbs.
- Dredge catfish in flour mixture, then dip in buttermilk mixture. Place in cracker crumbs, coating evenly on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Fry fish in batches 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and parsley; heat 2 minutes.
- Pour butter sauce over catfish and serve.