Today on DelmarvaLife –
We’re playing “Picture This” with some fellow audience members!
We’re introducing you to the “Young Bucks!” It’s a band that describes their music as “sliced surf and funk, with caramelized rock and a side of exquisite melodies.” They join us on the Mid South Audio Stage today!
While researchers try to nail down the cause of an increase in diabetes in children and teens, groups on Delmarva are working to make sure those kids have the support they need to stay on top of their health. One of those groups is the team at Peninsula Regional Medical Center. Certified Diabetes Educator and Dietitian, Susan Cottongim is here to give parents peace of mind on this subject.
We’re in the Kirby and Holloway Kitchen with Chef Kevin McCoy of DaNizza Wood Fired Pizza in Rehoboth. He’s making Red’s Blue Hen Wings and “I Am Your BuckBerry” Pulled Pork.
Red’s Blue Hen Wings
- 24 Wings
- 1 oz Fresh Rosemary
- 1 oz Fresh Oregano
- 2 Tbs Salt
- 1 Tbs Black Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Bottle Tatanka Hot Sauce
1. Finely chop fresh herbs.
2. Add to dry ingredients and mix.
3. Squeeze the lemon onto the wings and add dry ingredients.
4. Marinate for 24-36 hours.
5. Bake in a conventional oven for 1:30 at 250F.
6. Grill or Air Fry until 165F Internal
7. Toss with Tatanka.
“I Am Your BuckBerry” Pulled Pork
- Pork Butt 3-4#
- 16 oz Buckberry Sour
- 1 Yellow Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup Tatanka Hot Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
1. Salt and Pepper the Pork Butt
2. Add Onions, Beer, and Hot Sauce.
3. Cover & Cook at 250 for 4-6 hours
4. Remove fat cap and bone.
5. Pull meat with two forks.
6. Enjoy with Tatanka, or your favorite bbq sauce.