What’s Happening Today – January 26, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
January is Human Trafficking Awareness month. Today, we talk with the folks at For All Seasons Behavioral Health and Rape Crisis Center about the Red Sand Project to raise awareness to this growing issue.
Layton’s Chance Vineyard and Winery
Avery Hall Insurance has had a record-breaking quarter with their Avery Hall Cares program. The company was able to donate $1,555 to Talbot Hospice. We learn how that money is raised and how it is used.
We visit From Scratch Restaurant in Crisfield to see how they put together their popular “Do Nothing Cake.”
Major Biden’s Indoguration raised $200,000 for the Delaware Humane Association.
Conversation with Candace Cameron Bure about her new book, “Candace’s Playful Puppy.” Click here for more information.
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!
What You’ll Need
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
What to Do
- Between two sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper, pound chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a fork, poke chicken several times (this helps the marinade penetrate the chicken).
- In a large bowl, mix 1 tablespoon oil, the salt, pepper, lemon zest, garlic, and rosemary. Add chicken and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Coat the chicken breasts in flour. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot; cook chicken breasts 5 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is golden brown and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Cook onion 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add lemon juice, wine, and mustard; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly reduced. Serve chicken topped with sauce.
If you like this recipe, then you should check out our collection of Tasty, Quick, and Easy Chicken Recipes.