Today on DelmarvaLife –
We talk personal protection with instructors from Atlantic Tactical Firearms Trainers.
Katie visits the folks at Peninsula Home Care to hear about care coordination services.
Worcester County Artist, Patrick Henry talks about his upcoming exhibit, “Another View: Untold Stories,” at the Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, Salisbury University.
We are in the DelmarvaLife kitchen with Chef J.T. from The Den Bar and Grill at Bear Trap Dunes making Mesquite Smoked Chicken Chili and Pan-Roasted Salmon Salad.
Salmon Salad w/ Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
⦁ 6oz portion skin off
⦁ Salt & Pepper To Taste
⦁ Goat cheese
⦁ Dried cranberries
⦁ Candied nuts
⦁ 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
⦁ 1 tbs poppy seed
⦁ 2 tbs Dijon mustard
⦁ 3 tbs honey or maple syrup
⦁ 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
⦁ In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, and honey
⦁ Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking and continue to whisk until the dressing is emulsified. Alternatively, combine everything in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake to combine.
⦁ If your dressing is too tangy, add more olive oil, to taste.
⦁ in the fridge for up to 1 week. The olive oil will solidify a bit in the fridge. To soften, let the dressing sit at room temp for a few minutes and stir before using
0. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and toss with dressing
1. Place on serving plate or in desired bowl
0. Preheat oven 350°F (all oven types).
1. Season: Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper, putting most of the salt on the thicker part of the salmon.
2. Prepare salmon: in a non-stick pan, pour 1tbs of oil into pan on med-high heat, when oil begins to smoke place salmon in the pan and sear flesh side down.
3. Flip salmon and place in oven for 5-10 minutes or until desired doneness
4. Remove salmon from the oven,
5. Transfer to plate: Use a spatula to move salmon from the cooking sheet to the plate.
Lg. Soup Pot
2 tbs olive oil
2 onions (md. Dice)
2 red bell peppers (md. Dice)
2 green bell pepper (md. Dice)
2 LBS. ground chicken
2 32oz Cans tomatoes (puree)
1 can tomato juice
1 cup dark chili powder
3 tbs cumin
3 tbs coriander
2 tbs garlic powder
2 tbs onion powder
1 tbs cayenne
1 tbs red chili flake
5 tbs paprika
In large soup pot brown ground chicken
Strain ground chicken
In the same soup pot add the olive oil and sweat the veggies
Add chicken to the veggies
Add spices, tomato puree and tomato juice
Let simmer for 1 hour to combine flavors
Adjust seasoning if needed