What’s Happening Today – January 4, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
It’s a new year, but money is still a major matter. We chat with the director of B.E.A.C.O.N. at Salisbury University, Dr. Memo Diriker to get some projections on the 2021 economy.
Some criminals think they can get away with something simply by crossing county or state lines. In today’s Most Wanted Monday, we learn that’s not necessarily the case. We also feature pictures of fugitives being sought by local law enforcement. Information leading to their arrest could score you some cash.
Today kicks off year number ten for DelmarvaLife. We celebrate with a look back at an exercise segment in today’s Monday Memory.
Simple, yet tasty. That’s what we learn about two dishes made by Chef Paul Suplee of Boxcar on Main in Berlin. He’s making Garlic Roasted Oysters and Baked Brie.
It wouldn’t be the start of a new year on DelmarvaLife if we didn’t pause for a moment to show you some of the silly, unseen moments of last year. Get ready to laugh with the 2020 DelmarvaLife Blooper Reel.
If you’re looking to add some superfoods into your diet, then you’ll love our Quinoa Shrimp Bowl recipe. Our bowls are loaded with good-for-you ingredients like protein-packed quinoa, fiber-rich beans and heart-healthy avocado. That’s not to mention all the other fruits and veggies we’ve tossed in!
Quinoa Shrimp Bowl
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 orange, cut into 1-inch segments
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, corn, black beans, pomegranate seeds, avocado, orange, onion, cilantro, and shrimp; mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper until combined. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.