What’s Happening Today – July 21, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Support for our men and women in blue is needed now more than ever. We’ll tell you about an upcoming event – Worcester Backs The Blue.
What do you get when you combine a giant bull, delicious donuts, cows with bangs and fresh farm picked produce? The answer is easy – Parsons Farms Produce. We stop by to see why this market is more than a store, it’s an experience.
Chic At The Beach is a consignment boutique in Bethany Beach that offers previously-owned luxury items like handbags, clothes, and fine jewelry.
It’s no secret the world of real estate is wild right now. Whether you’re buying, selling, or renting, the market can be difficult to navigate. That’s why it’s important to work with a team you can trust. Tri-County Realty is that team. They began just this year and already stand out in the area because of their core values.
Millions of years ago, Stegosaurus and T-Rex roamed the earth in search of stardom…but it wasn’t until 1993 when they got their big break. Now, they’re doing a festival centered around the Jurassic classic in Milton. We’ll tell you all about it!
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
Looking for a no-bake homemade dessert that’s perfect to cool you off during the warmer weather months? Then try our Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches! Not only will this fresh-tasting dessert keep your kitchen cool, but it also starts with some supermarket-shortcuts that make it hassle-free and fun to eat!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (1-pound 4-ounce) package lemon sandwich cookies
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
What to Do
- Line a 9-inch-square baking dish with enough aluminum foil to be able to grab edges. (This will help get the frozen ice cream sandwiches out so much easier, so don’t skip this step.)
- Crush cookies in a food processor. (You may need to do this in batches.) Place crushed cookies in a bowl and add melted butter; mix well. Press 1/2 the cookie mixture firmly into the bottom of the baking dish (not up the sides); set aside.
- In a large bowl, place ice cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice; mix until just combined. Gently stir in blueberry preserves to create a swirling effect. Spread ice cream mixture over cookie mixture (the top should be flat), then press remaining cookie mixture gently on top of ice cream. Cover and freeze at least 6 hours or until firm.
- Lift the entire dessert out of the baking dish by lifting the foil. You may have to wait a few minutes for the ice cream to slightly soften around the edges. Remove the foil and cut into 9 sandwich squares. Serve immediately or wrap each ice cream sandwich in plastic wrap and keep frozen so that you can grab one when you get the hankerin’ for something that’s summery fresh.