Today on DelmarvaLife –
The Delaware State Fair is back in full, and we have a preview of all the cotton candy, rides, and concerts coming up!
We are well into summer, and that means shade is a must. Maybe your backyard is a little sparse in that department, so how do you accommodate your annuals? Ginny Rosenkranz, gardening expert with the University of Maryland Extension is here to answer that question, and a whole lot more!
You can get fancy cuts for your hair; now you can get them for your lawn! We have all the fancy details with Fancy Cutz!
What’s the best thing you could possibly kick off your weekend with? Cute animals! and we’ve got plenty of them in our Pet Connect!
In The Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
Ready for an incredible recipe to help you celebrate the big games taking place in Japan this year? Good! Our recipes for Secret Tempura Combo is really going to take home the gold in the hearts of all your family and friends. An easy recipe to serve as a side or appetizer, this nod to Japanese cuisine is something you won’t want to miss.
What You’ll Need
- 2 1/2 cups pancake and biscuit baking mix
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups club soda
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Add club soda; mix well. Add remaining ingredients except oil; toss to coat completely.
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Place coated chicken and vegetables in hot oil one piece at a time. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until coating is golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Continue until everything is cooked, discarding any remaining batter.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm on a baking sheet in a low oven.