What’s Happening Today – June 16th
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We could all use a little help every now and then, particularly when finances are running a bit thin. We share details on the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program that’s reaching senior citizens to provide fresh fruits, vegetables, and more.
The First State Antique Tractor Club is holding it’s 20th-21st Annual Tractor Car and Truck Show June 25, 26 & 27 at Laurel Farmer’s Auction. We learn about the family event.
Juneteenth celebrations across Delmarva are set to take place this weekend, including at Academy Art Museum in Easton and the Richard Allen Coalition celebration happening Saturday, June 19, 2021, 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. at 316 S. Railroad Ave., Georgetown, DE. A celebration will happen in Princess Anne. It’s the Inaugural Juneteenth Celebration that partners Main Street Princess Anne and the Somerset County NAACP.
It was about two years ago when we first introduced you to two Dover sisters who were reaching people all over the world with their virtual bedtime stories. We’ll catch up with Zaria and Hailey Willard to hear about a new project aimed at spreading smiles.
Sometimes, it’s about simplicity; our Back-to-Basics Coffee Cake gets to the heart of what it means to make a classically good baked dessert. The nostalgic flavors of this sweet, old-fashioned cake are as faithful as any recipe from Grandma’s cookbook. So, pour a steaming cup of coffee and unwind with the rich and butter flavors of this perfectly simple coffee cake recipe.
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips, brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the granulated sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until smooth. Slowly add flour and milk and beat until well mixed.
- Pour half the batter into baking dish. Sprinkle half the chocolate chip mixture evenly over the batter. Pour remaining batter over that, then sprinkle the top with remaining chocolate chip mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
Check This Out!
- Coffee cake just keeps getting better with this Apple Coffee Cake! And if you have a sweet tooth, give your Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake a try.
- Flying solo? Try this Coffee Cake for One! Plus, use this Almond Cafe Latte to wash it down.
- If you want more of that classic coffee flavor, eat a handful of these Java Nuts!