What’s Happening Today – June 2, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
The journey to bring this group of twelve together has been a long one; now, Mom, Dad, and their TEN kids are finally living together under one roof as a family.
Dustin Thomas, Wicomico County Public Schools 2021-2022 Teacher of the Year, joins us live in studio!
Care to have a picnic? Ryan Schwartz and Rachel Sheffield from DNREC are here to preview their upcoming “Victorian Picnic”!
Laura Davis is in our kitchen to show us how to whip up a delicious Crab Bisque!
Welcome to Hurricane Season 2021! (It actually started yesterday). WBOC Meteorologist Mike Lichniak joins us to talk about what we can expect this year.
And today in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen —
Attention anyone who loves cooking with fresh and flavorful ingredients! Our Perfect Portobello Pizza is the recipe for you! This recipe is the perfect way to make Italian at home in a healthier, great-tasting way because it substitutes a large portobello mushroom for a doughy pizza crust. Even better? It can be made in less than ten minutes!
What You’ll Need
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, cleaned
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into ½-inch-thick slices and grilled or roasted (8 slices)
- 5 fresh basil leaves, sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic. Brush mushroom caps on all sides with garlic mixture then place upside-down in a circle on baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper then top each with a slice of mozzarella cheese and 2 slices of tomato.
- Roast 10 to 12 minutes, or until the mushroom is tender and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- To give this easy pizza recipe an extra punch of flavor, right before serving, sprinkle on some oregano or some crushed red pepper flakes and dig in!
- For more pizza recipes, try our Basil Pesto Focaccia, our Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks, or our classic Pizza Margherita.
- If you love mushrooms, you need to try our Thyme Roasted Mushrooms, or our French Onion Stuffed Mushrooms!