Today on DelmarvaLife –
Earlier this week, we talked about some of the effects hot weather can have on children. Well, the same thing can be said to that of our family members who have four legs and fur. Today, we talk with J.C. Richardson, Owner of Delmarva K9 in Pittsville, to find out how we can keep our furry friends cool and comfortable this summer.
Now that you know how to protect your pet, it’s the perfect time to bring one home! We have plenty of sweet faces ready for their fur-ever home in today’s Pet Connect.
Face masks and coverings are the new normal as we work to protect ourselves and others’. Today, we talk with Dr. Mary Clifton, an Internal Medicine Doctor from New York City and a member of Boomer Naturals Advisory Board, to find out about some of the face masks dos and don’ts.
Fourth of July is around the corner and gatherings are on the comeback, so it’s probably time to start thinking about that Fourth of July barbecue. What are you making? Well, we have an idea. Today were virtually visiting Stevie Ritchey, Owner of Mason Dixon’s Pantry in Crisfield, to find out about a spectacular side dish perfect for that Fourth of July party.
It’s Friday and you’re probably thinking “what a week”, right? While, the week may have brought some moments that were exhausting or stressful, we’re hoping you remember those moments that made you smile or laugh. We have plenty here on DelmarvaLife. We have another round of “All That is Good.”
There’s a recipe out there that you can have for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Our recipe for Broccoli and Ham Quiche, is an American classic with tons of flavor. Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup pancake and baking mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets, blanched (see note)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs, beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, onion powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir in both cheeses, ham, and broccoli. Add half-and-half and eggs; mix well. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes, then cut and serve.
Check This Out!
- If you’d prefer, feel free to substitute 2 cups of frozen broccoli florets.