Today on DelmarvaLife –
Famed sharpshooter, Annie Oakley lived in Cambridge after retiring from Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show in the early 1900’s. Oakley is the subject of Throwback Thursday with Secrets of the Eastern Shore author, Jim Duffy.
Johnny Janosik World of Furniture Chairman, David Koehler was recently name the Home Furnishings Association’s Trailblazer Award for 2020.
There’s a place to find good bargain’s in Berlin. Coastal Hospice opened a thrift shop a few years ago and, as we find out, it provides a different way to shop.
We visit Fat Ricky’s in Cambridge to see how they put together their famous breakfast sandwich, “The Rickster.”
The Delmarva Council of the Boy Scouts of America is holding it’s annual food drive. We learn more about “Scouting for Food.”
This is the richest, creamiest, and most amazing flan you’ll ever taste! No, really. Our flan is the kind that dreams are made of, which is why we call it our Dreamy Flan. This custardy dessert is a Latin favorite and a real must-try!
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook 3/4 cup sugar until completely melted and caramelized, stirring occasionally. Immediately pour into a 9-inch cake pan. (Be careful, caramelized sugar will be hot!)
- In a blender, combine condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, vanilla, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Blend 15 seconds or until thoroughly combined. Pour over caramelized sugar in pan.
- Place flan pan in a large roasting pan. Pour just enough hot water into roasting pan to go halfway up sides of flan pan (being careful not to get water into custard). Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Carefully remove from hot water bath and allow to cool 1 hour. Cover and chill overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, run a knife around inside edge of pan to loosen flan from pan. Invert flan onto a 12-inch rimmed serving plate.