Today on DelmarvaLife –
Baby bunny season began on March 1st. Today, we talk with Wildlife Rehabber, Tonyea Mead to learn about how we can protect these little spring-time creatures.
The connect with Peninsula Home Care to find out how they’re putting “the new normal” into action.
There are so many fresh, local flavors to enjoy on Delmarva. You can get some ideas on how to use those flavors, thanksk to a new program, “Delmarva Cooks: Flavors of the Shore,” put on by the Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, Salisbury University.
We get a little crabby. Our friends at Squeaky’s Cafe in Princess Anne show us how to make a jumbo lump crabcake.
We’ve come up with a modern day way to serve up a classic dessert, and we’re sure you’re going to love it! Our Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake features everything you love about Boston Cream Pie, including yummy yellow cake, creamy filling, and a layer of homemade chocolate glaze. This easy poke cake will quickly become one of your favorites!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups milk
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 ounce (1 square) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add batter and bake according to package directions; let cool.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes about 1-inch apart all over top of cake.
- In a medium bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk until slightly thickened. Pour mixture into holes and spread evenly over top of cake. Chill 1 hour.
- To make Chocolate Glaze, in a medium saucepan over low heat, combine sugar, cornstarch, water, and chocolate; cook until chocolate is melted and mixture is thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Allow to cool, then spread gently over top of cake. Chill 2 hours or until ready to serve.
If you love poke cakes, then you’ve got to check out our collection of Best Poke Cake Recipes.
DTCC – go.dtcc.edu/OpenHouse