Today on DelmarvaLife –
Watching the attack on Ukraine on television has many of us wondering how we can help. Dr. Kirill Alekseyev, Medical Director of PAM Rehab in Dover spent the first ten years of his life in Ukraine. He joins us to talk about the family and friends who are still there and how we can donate much-needed supplies.
Dr. Karen Barbosa, a breast surgeon with TidalHealth, joins us to talk about cutting edge medical care for breast cancer right here on Delmarva.
We talk with Dry-Tek Envrionmental Customer Relations Specialist, Corey Phoebus, about the importance of working with a licensed professional when it comes to crawl space encapsulation.
Farming has come a long way in the last 50 years with new technology. We learn about today’s farming technology that is saving money and making farming safer and the Lower Shore Ag Precision Day happening tomorrow in Somerset County.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
If the gang is used to you serving plain cocktail meatballs on game day, you better make extra this time, ’cause they’re likely to eat a bunch more of these Sweet and Sour Meatballs…even before the game officially begins!
What You’ll Need
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) jar cocktail sauce
- 3/4 cup grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, water, bread crumbs, salt, onion powder, and pepper; mix well. Form into 1-inch meatballs and set aside.
- In a soup pot, mix together cocktail sauce, jelly, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over high heat, then add meatballs. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- This recipe is best prepared the day before serving. Cover and refrigerate overnight then skim the fat off the top and heat to serve.
- Meatballs every which way — check out our meatball collection!