What’s Happening Today – May 26, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Wicomico County’s Memorial Day Ceremony returns this year after being canceled in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we have all of the details.
Katie shows us how the town of Ocean City is marking Memorial Day this weekend — the unofficial start of summer, while still honoring everyday heroes.
As a kid, nothing was more exciting than a ride through the car wash. Zoom Car Wash takes the while experience to the next level!
A freshly cleaned carpet — it’s one of life’s simple pleasures. Especially when the work’s been done with a good, quality vacuum. That’s what you’ll find at Beach Vacuum in Rehoboth.
Fresh off being named an “Outdoor Recreation Ambassador” by the State of Maryland, we’ll put Andrew Tawes’ outdoor skills to the test.
We love seeing people on Delmarva have a little fun, all while raising awareness of the fact that mental health matters. That’s just one way the people on this peninsula make the world just a little bit brighter, in this round of “All That Is Good”!
And Today In The Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
With so much fresh corn in the market this time of year, we’re making a summer recipe that takes advantage of this sweet summer vegetable. Try our Summer’s Best Chilled Corn Soup when you want a lunch that’s filled with flavor to help you beat the heat. You might say this soup is “soup-er” refreshing and the fact that it’s ready in minutes, is what makes it summer’s best!
What You’ll Need
- 4 ears raw sweet corn, husked and kernels removed
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow bell pepper; seeds removed and cut in quarters
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Sour cream for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
What to Do
- In a blender, combine corn, beans, bell pepper, onion, sugar, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, if desired, milk, and lime juice. Blend until smooth
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chilled. Garnish each bowl with a dollop of sour cream and a bit of cilantro.