What’s Happening Today – Monday, June 28th
Today on DelmarvaLife –
We all have that one person in our life who we consider an “angel.” Hear how to honor that angel, to make him or her feel as special as they are with Coastal Hospice.
If you want to set sail this summer, we’ll show you why Goldsborough’s Marine in Crisfield, would be the perfect starting point.
Balancing academics and athletics can be a challenge, but it’s a challenge which these students have overcome, and they’ve done so with flying colors. They’re students who we here at WBOC, along with the team at Mountaire Farms, have teamed up to honor in the “Scholar Athlete of the Month” program.
It’s a busy time of the year for the crew at Kuhn’s Jewelers because…it’s wedding season! We’ll stop by to show you a few options that will make your sweetie stand out!
Have you ever experienced how it feels to hit a punching bag? It can be an amazing release — and it’s great exercise. Salisbury MMA and Fitness offers folks the opportunity to train like fighters.
And today in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
Whether love is in the air, or you’re just hanging out with a good friend, we have the perfect dinner for two! Our Garlic Steamed Clams are seasoned to perfection! Plus, when you serve ’em up with a side of cheesy bread, we bet that no matter what the occasion, you’ll have a night to remember!
What You’ll Need
- 5 pounds fresh little neck clams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons (1/2-stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
What to Do
- Wash clams to remove any dirt or sand.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute or until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Add clams, cover, and steam until clams start to open. Add butter and crushed red pepper, cover, and cook until all of the clams open. Discard any that do not open.
- Place clams into a large serving bowl (or into smaller ones so that everyone gets their very own) with sauce from pot. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.