Today on DelmarvaLife –
There’s a magic box that will get the little ones’ letters to the North Pole. Up next, we meet the elf behind Santa’s Letters.
Simmons Center Market is an 84-year tradition in downtown Cambridge. We learn more about the family-owned market and how you can get honey-baked ham and fresh turkey in time for the holidays.
We talk with Dr. Jason Yonker of Chesapeake Eye Center, in Berlin about spotting early signs of diabetes inside your eyes.
The recent sentencing to life in prison for a man found guilty of murder in a 20-year-old cold case murder proves how valuable citizen tips can be. In this week’s Most Wanted Monday, Captain Tim Robinson of the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office features six more fugitives. Tips to Crime Solvers, leading to the arrest of a fugitive, could earn you cash.
Those looking to prepare a perfect Italian dish during the holiday season, need to look no further than Maria’s Bella Cucina Italian Market, in Seaford. We learn about the market and get some tips on how to put together a holiday basket.
Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge has four winter walks where you can experience areas of the refuge not usually open to the public. The two-mile walks, accompanied by a local birding expert or naturalist, typically last for about two hours.
Best Mashed Potatoes Ever
No Thanksgiving meal is complete without the perfect mashed potato dish. That’s why we’re pulling out all the stops with this easy recipe; we’re so sure it will be the hit of your holiday party that we named this recipe our Best Mashed Potatoes Ever! This creamy side dish is filled with that buttery flavor you know and love but, when it comes to changing things up, the options are endless. So get ready for a fantastic holiday dinner, and the Best Mashed Potatoes Ever!
What You’ll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds Russet baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potato chunks in a large soup pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain well and place either back into the pot or into a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
So Many Options!
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Cut a small onion into quarters and add it to the pot along with 10 peeled, whole garlic cloves before bringing the potatoes to a boil; beat with remaining ingredients.
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes: Prepare mashed potatoes as above, reducing milk to 1/4 cup and salt to 1/2 teaspoon. Add a 16-ounce container of sour cream, 1 cup finely shredded Colby or sharp cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup real bacon bits, and 1 thinly sliced scallion. Beat as directed above.
- Green Mashed Potatoes: Prepare mashed potatoes as above then add two 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach that have been thawed, drained, and squeezed dry. Beat as directed above.
- Plus, if you liked this easy mashed potatoes recipe, check out our free eCookbook, Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes & More. We’re sure you’re going to love these Super Easy Mashed Potato Recipes!