Today on DelmarvaLife –
Everyday is the perfect day to “Share the Love,” and our friends at Gateway Subaru are doing just that. In this case, it’s love that’s helping a local family whose son is living with Cystic Fibrosis. We show you how a little love goes a long way.
Dreams do come true, thanks to Herl’s Bath and Tile Solutions. We have the scoop on their “Dream Bath Makeover” giveaway.
We get a look at some of the Black Friday finds at Vernon Powell, and find out why you don’t have to rush out on Thanksgiving to get your hands on the deals that will make fabulous gifts this holiday season.
DelmarvaLife’s Katie Zarrilli gets framed. Well, not really, but she will show us why Classic Custom Framing and Gallery is the place to have photos or family heirlooms displayed in a frame or shadow box.
We are in the DelmarvaLife Kitchen with food blogger, Lauren Vavala on behalf of the American Dairy Association North East. She shows us how to make Loaded Thanksgiving Nachos.
- 10 cups tortilla chips
- 1-2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups turkey meat, including skin
- 2 cups cooked brussels sprouts or other green vegetables
- 2 cups cooked butternut squash
- 3 cups sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup gravy, warmed
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, sliced thin
- Cranberry sauce, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Cover rimmed baking sheet with layer of tortilla chips. Dollop half of mashed potatoes across chips and top with half of turkey meat. Scatter half of sprouts and squash over turkey and top with half of cheese. Bake 5 minutes, until cheese is just melted.
- Remove from oven and repeat layers with remaining chips, potatoes, turkey, vegetables and cheese. Top with drizzle of gravy and jalapeño slices. Return baking sheet to oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Top with dollops of cranberry sauce and sour cream and garnish with parsley.
You only have a few more days to vote for a finalist in Spicer Brothers Construction‘s Delmarva’s Neediest Roof Contest. Voting is open through Friday.
We announce another three winners in our Holiday Guide Giveaway! You could win one of more than 80 daily prizes to many of your favorite local businesses. Plus, with our holiday coupons, you can save money on gifts for the entire family. To enter our Holiday Guide, to read the rules, or to check out the incredible savings, click here.
Do you know someone who has a birthday or wedding anniversary coming up? A great way to celebrate is with a DelmarvaLife Occasion. Submit your occasion here.