What’s Happening Today – October 13, 2020
Today on DelmarvaLife –
There are many young kids out there who don’t have support, who don’t think anyone’s in their corner and who think no one cares what happens to them – these are the kids the Fenix Youth Project is looking out for. We talk with Executive Director, Amber Green, about the project’s impact on homeless teens and young adults.
Seasonal trends constantly changing means it’s hard to stay on top of what’s hot and what’s not. 102-5 WBOC’s Corey Phoebus visits Vernon Powell in Salisbury to find out what’s everybody’s wearing this year.
A clean house, a clean bathroom, a kitchen without a crumb – that feeling is so refreshing. But let’s relate it to some outside-of-the-box items, 102-5 WBOC’s Corey Phoebus visits our friends at Stanley Steemer to explain.
Paw Paw does not mean what you think it means. Paw Paw, Pa Pa, and Poppop are very different things. WBOC’s Charlie Paparella goes back in time to explain.
The crew at Dockside in Pocomoke are making Cheesesteak Egg Rolls. Katie visits to get a first hand lesson.
Want lasagna but not the fuss? Quick Lasagna Toss is easy-to-make and ready in less than 10 minutes.
What You’ll Need
- 12 lasagna noodles, broken into large pieces
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium-high heat, cook sausage 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains, stirring to crumble sausage; drain. Add noodles and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
- Add a sprinkle of chopped parsley before serving and this will look extra-fancy and fresh-looking.
- There’s nothing like a crispy, crunchy Caesar Salad to compliment a pasta dish!