Today on DelmarvaLife –
Drew, Elaina, Jasper and Alex. Hope For Success. A band with a simple message – stay positive. Back in May, they performed their original song, “Look On The Bright Side.” That positivity is paying off. Tonight, the band takes the stage at Revelation Beer Gardens at Hudson Fields in Milton. But before that, we snagged a little time with them to chat. Plus, we’re getting a preview of their new music video, “Jacked-Up Minivan.”
“Find Your Boo.” An event being held by The Brandywine Valley SPCA from Oct. 24 – Nov. 1. $31 dollar large adult dogs (1 year old+ & 40lbs+) and adult cats (6mo+). We have the perfect start to finding your boo! Pet Connect. Check out all the sweet faces.
A part of your home that sees so much action, you probably don’t even realize it. Your floors. So, when it comes time to upgrade – don’t you want the best of the best? Katie introduces Diamond State Hardwood Floors – a team with top notch materials, experienced professionals, and outstanding customer service.
We go on a wild ride at the First Frontier Circuit Rodeo. Katie’s trying her hand at roping and bull-riding. Does she have what it takes to be a cowgirl? Tune in to find out.
One of Honest Abe’s favorites: Lincoln’s Lemon Custard Pie. Take the delicious lemon flavor, mix with the flaky crusty and add the yummy meringue on top – all the fixins’ for a perfect pie. Check out the recipe below:
What You’ll Need
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 1 1/2 cups plus 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
What to Do
- Place pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate, then flute edges. Bake according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups sugar, the cornstarch and salt; mix well. Whisk in lemon juice and water until combined. Whisk in egg yolks. Add boiling water and butter and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in lemon zest. Pour into pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add remaining 6 tablespoons sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pie filling, sealing to edges of crust.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Let cool 6 hours, then slice and serve. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
For another Lincoln-inspired dessert, check out our recipe for Mary Todd Lincoln’s Presidential Cake.