What’s Happening Today – September 20, 2021
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Elvis is in the building.
Okay, not really; but Elvis is taking center stage today…and it’s thanks to author D.P.. Smith of Salisbury. We’ll chat with him about his new book — “Elvis Returns To Graceland.“
Dental health is something we all need to address, regardless of financial status, but there are some in our area who aren’t insured, or just can’t afford it. We’ll talk to the team at the Hope Clinic, a team that gives hope to those who can’t afford to receive proper dental care.
We want to take a moment to thank our police officers…Saturday was actually “Thank A Police Officer Day” but we think we should celebrate every day.
The hard work put in by law enforcement relies a lot on you. In fact, Crime Solvers is willing to pay a reward for valuable information supplied by you.
A beautiful sight to see over the weekend, at the Tenth Annual Elf Classic Yacht Race. Majestic vessels gliding over the bay: vessels that are, honestly, works of art. Today’s Monday Memory takes us back eight years, when Brian Spyros visited St. Michaels.
Trading card games made a huge comeback during the pandemic, and it hasn’t stopped! We stop by Two Pair Collectibles in Easton where they have everything you need, whether you’re just starting out, or you’re already a serious collector.
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It’s a slow cooker dinner that’ll have everyone saying, “Ach Das Schmeckt!”
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 pounds beef chuck short ribs
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 a cabbage, coarsely chopped (about 5 cups)
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add ribs in batches and brown on all sides.
- In a 6-quart or larger slow cooker, combine crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, lemon juice, brown sugar, caraway seeds, and salt; mix well. Place ribs over tomato mixture, then top with cabbage.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. Skim fat from sauce, then spoon sauce over ribs and serve with cabbage.