Today on DelmarvaLife –
From today’s Hot Topics:
The Tunnel To Towers Foundation — is a group that, really, stops at nothing to support families who’ve lost a first responder in the line of duty. Families like that of Delaware State Police Corporal Stephen Ballard, killed in the line of duty in 2017. His widow, Louise, is here next — and the way in which tunnel to towers helped her, will give you goosebumps.
Supporting those in a time of crisis is also something we’re addressing today — and we’re doing it with a team that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Hear how the Life Crisis Center helps people heal.
We’re doing what we can to help every child experience the unwavering love of a parent. We have details on how to become a foster — or resource — parent with the Maryland Department of Social Services.
One of our favorite days of the year is coming up. International Talk Like A Pirate Day! “Secrets of the Eastern Shore” author Jim Duffy is here to help you get worked up!
E-Bikes are all the rage right now, but don’t rush to buy one from just anyone. Proper service and assembly are important, and we have just the people you need to talk to, Salisbury Cycle & Fitness!
From the Mr. Food Test Kitchen:
Creamy Chicken & Ravioli Skillet
What You’ll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups frozen cooked chicken chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10.5-ounce) package frozen garlic bread sticks, heated according to package directions
What to Do
- Place ravioli into a large pot of boiling water and return to a boil. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add half-and-half, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken and peas, and continue to cook 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Add ravioli to skillet and gently stir until thoroughly combined. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, cover, and heat until cheese is melted. Serve with warmed bread sticks.