What’s Happening Today – Thursday, June 17th
Today on DelmarvaLife –
As you scope out spots to go shopping for styles this summer, we have one that ought to top your list. Chic At The Beach is a consignment boutique in Bethany Beach that offers previously-owned luxury items like handbags, clothes, and fine jewelry.
UFO’s are all over the news these days. It’s one headline after another, with big government reports coming out and lots of speculation about alien technology. This inspired us to give our friend Jim Duffy a little homework assignment.
First it was the pandemic. Then came the skyrocketing cost of lumber. Now, there’s another situation many employers are trying to navigate: a lack of people applying to work! One of those employers joins us today — the President of Spicer Brothers Construction, Brian Spicer.
Exciting happenings in Somerset County: a hiker-biker trail is coming! Here with every exciting detail is the director of Somerset County Recreation, Parks and Tourism, Clint Sterling.
You’re invited to a summer concert series, put together by the team at Delaware State Parks! The “Pretty Crazies” will also be there performing! The concerts are sponsored by the friends/volunteer groups at the respective parks. The groups raise money throughout the year, by offering concessions and refreshments at some of the concert locations. Those who would like to give back to the friends, group, or park of their choice can make a donation at destateparks.com/GetInvolved/Donate
And today in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
We’ve got the summer sausage recipe that will make you feel like a kid at the fair. It’s super easy to make and tastes delicious. Our State Fair Sausage Packets are an oven-friendly recipe, but they’re also perfect for the grill! Your stomach will rumble in anticipation, but luckily, you won’t have to wait in line for this summer sausage recipe!
What You’ll Need
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1/2 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut 4 (12-inch-square) pieces of aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine red and green bell peppers, onion, garlic powder, and black pepper; toss until evenly coated. Divide vegetable mixture evenly onto center of each piece of foil.
- Place sausage evenly over vegetables. Spoon spaghetti sauce evenly over sausage and vegetables. Slightly overlap the edges of the foil, creating a packet. Make sure to leave enough room for steam to circulate while cooking. Secure the seams and place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Open packets carefully, as steam will be very hot. You can enjoy this right out of the foil, campfire style, or you serve it in a bowl.
- Take this over the top by spooning this into a toasted hoagie roll. It’ll be like you’re at the state fair without all the chaos or high prices.
- Check out even more summer sausage recipes, including our savory Beer Basted Sausage and Glazed Grilled Sausage.
- We know how much you love packet recipes, so you definitely have to try our Orange Chicken Packets and oh-so-good Polish Sausage & Pierogi Foil Packs!