What’s Happening Today – Tuesday, June 22nd
Today on DelmarvaLife –
Baywater Farms is a family operated farm in Salisbury that spans six generations. They recently purchased a new building on Route 50 that they’ve been working to renovate. The building will house all kinds of crops and other goods for folks to purchase and enjoy. Delmarvalife’s Katie Zarrilli takes us there.
Tidalhealth’s Dr. William Doran is here to tell us all about Mako robotic-arm assisted surgery.
Valor House in Pittsville is a restaurant where you can have a great meal, catch up with friends or family, and salute those who sacrifice their lives to make ours better.
We chat with Mark DeLancey, executive director of the Salisbury PFLAG Chapter, about the historic rainbow crosswalks in Salisbury, and how you can be part of their redesign this weekend!
Positive Outcomes Charter School in Dover got started two and a half decades ago. Its mission was to be there for the students for whom a traditional classroom wasn’t working.
And today in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
When the warmer weather is here, it’s time to have some fun with our food! Like using a yummy pucker-up lemonade marinade for our salmon! How cool is that? Trust us, one bite of our Lemonade Poached Salmon and it’ll have you…hook, line and sinker!
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
What to Do
- In a small bowl, to make a lemonade sauce, combine mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons lemonade concentrate, and the pepper; mix well then cover and chill.
- In a large skillet, combine remaining lemonade concentrate and the water; bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Add salmon and reduce heat to low; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove salmon to a platter and allow to cool to room temperature, discarding the liquid in the pan. Serve with chilled lemonade sauce.