Today on DelmarvaLife –
From our Hot Topics today:
You can’t visit Ocean City without hitting the beach! The Ocean City Beach Patrol has some safety tips for your time in the surf and sand, and details on how you can join their team!
Even the most experienced skippers can run into problems if they don’t take precautions to sail safely. That’s why the Ocean City Fire Department is working to share the dos and dont’s while you’re dabbling along the waters of Delmarva
It was nearly 110 years ago that the community realized the need for fire protection in the Ocean City area. That’s when the community stepped up and formed the Ocean City Volunteer Fire Company.
Crosswalks, littering, and awareness of your surroundings are all very important factors in staying safe while you enjoy your time Ocean City–we’ll show you why!
Nothing says summertime like a warm July night, eyes to the sky, and the bangs, booms, and sizzles of a fireworks show. As beautiful and fascinating as these shows can be, they are several times more dangerous, and should only be carried out by the pros – with a lot of help from your friends – the first responders.
First responders include those of the furry kind, too. We’ll introduce you to Jappie, and hear why he’s a top tool in the fight against crime.
And today in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen…
These 8-Layer Pistachio Squares are going to be the highlight of your meal! This dessert recipe is filled with delicious pistachio nuts and creamy whipped topping, making it the perfect recipe to bring to your church potluck, or simply to your next family outing. Make it ahead of time for all the flavor and no fuss.
What You’ll Need
- 2 (4-serving-size) packages instant pistachio pudding and pie filling, prepared according to package directions
- 2 (8-ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios, divided
- 1 (14.4-ounce) package graham crackers
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding, 1 container whipped topping, and 1/4 cup chopped pistachios. Place a single layer of graham crackers in bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers of graham crackers and pudding 2 more times, ending with a layer of graham crackers.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over top, sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios, then cover and chill overnight, allowing graham crackers to soften. Cut into squares and serve.
Before You Start Cooking!
We love pistachio nuts! That’s why we wanted to share a few more scrumptious pistachio desserts with you.
- This Hokey Pokey Cake is gooey and perfect, thanks to the pistachio nut pudding mix.
- Our Pineapple Pistachio Pie is always a winner. Just ask other Mr. Food fans!
- Last but not least, we’ve got your favorite ingredient. That’s right, Fluff! Our Pistachio Fluff is a dessert everyone will go crazy for.