If you think about it, along with the holiday season comes craft season.
Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter… and so on!
We plan on keeping DelmarvaLife’s Lauren Hitch busy for the next several months. She joins us in Historic Studio D to show us how to make a couple of fall crafts.
Yarn Wrapped Leaf Art (https://kidscraftroom.com/autumn-yarn-wrapped-leaf-craft/):
- Free Printable Leaf Templates — click here to download templates
- Autumn Coloured Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- Autumn Coloured Yarn
- Download and print free templates or draw your own leaves.
- There are two templates per page. Cut your colored page in half and cut the leaf shape from the middle of each half.
- Cut your white cardstock in half and then even a bit smaller.
- Wrap yarn around your white cardstock in different colors and different patterns. Secure the start of your yarn on the backside of the white paper with clear tape. Be sure to end on the backside as well and secure with another piece of tape.
- Apply glue around the edge of your leaf frame or use clear tape on the edges. Lay your leaf craft frame on top of your yarn wrapping to secure it into place.
Fall Leaf Potato Stamp (https://www.howweelearn.com/a-fall-leaf-potato-stamp/):
- Fall colored paints
- White cardstock paper
- Cut potato in half and cut a leaf shape onto the flat end of the potato.
- Put fall colored paints onto a plate.
- Draw a tree on your white cardstock or just use the blank piece of paper.
- Use the leaf potato as a stamp by pressing into the paint and then onto the paper to make a beautiful fall masterpiece.